Importance Of 'Access' In Getting Your House Sold
The Role Access Plays In Getting Your House SOLD!
You’ve hired a real estate professional to help you with the entire process of selling you're home and you’ve been asked what level of access you want to provide to potential buyers.
There are four elements to a quality listing. At the top of the list is Access, followed by Condition, Financing, and Price.
There are many levels of access you can provide to your agent to be able to show your home.
Here are five levels of access you can provide to a buyer, each with a brief description:
- Providing a Key to the Home – Although the buyer’s agent may need to stop by an office to pick up the key, there is little delay in being able to show the home.
- Lockbox on the Door – This allows buyers the ability to see the home as soon as they are aware of the listing, or at their convenience.
- By Appointment Only – Example: 48-hour notice. Many buyers who are relocating for a new career or promotion start working in that area prior to purchasing their home. They often like to take advantage of free time during business hours (such as their lunch break) to view potential homes. Because of this, they may not be able to plan their availability far in advance or may be unable to wait 48 hours to see the house.
- Open Access with a Phone Call – The seller allows showing with just a phone call’s notice.
- Limited Access – Example: the home is only available for a couple of hours a day. This is the most difficult way to be able to show your house to potential buyers.
In a competitive marketplace, access can make or break your ability to get the price you are looking for, or even sell your house at all.
You might also like: